Heavy Storms Caused Sump Pump Failure
Heavy spring/fall rainfall in Michigan can cause sump pumps to fail quite often, and the sump pump of this business did just that. Along with the help of a plumber to get the sump pump back in working order, our crew was able to get the standing water extracted and prevent any further damage from occurring.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
For help restoring your business or residential space after a water loss, call SERVPRO of Branch and South Calhoun at 517-278-5261. We’ll make it “Like it never even happened.”